The SRV Sheriff (email@example.com)
One single query - multiple SRV results!
WHAT IS IT? With one single request, this bot helps you save time and nerves when checking SRV records for Mobile Remote Access (MRA), Business-to-business (B2B) calls, XMPP and Skype for Business (S4B) services.
WHY DID WE DO IT? Proper SRV records are key components for MRA, B2B, XMPP and S4B services to be working - so we need to check these records frequently for our customers. Instead of typing every single nslookup query for every single SRV record, you can now check all of them in one single step. Another important reason is that we wanted to create our 3rd, but 1st technical bot for Cisco Spark Depot (and a talented CCIE engineer called Frantisek Marousek was tired of spending unnecessary time with a lot of queries).
HOW DO YOU BENEFIT?
- Save time and nerves with one single query
- No need to remember the proper syntax - the bot will do it for you
- The SRV results are delivered to you as a list
HOW DOES IT WORK? When communicating with one person:
- type "domain" for all results
- type "MRA domain" or "B2B domain" or "XMPP domain" or "S4B domain" for specific results
When in a space with more people:
- mention the "@SRV" bot and type "domain" for all results
- mention the "@SRV" bot and type "MRA domain" or "B2B domain" or "XMPP domain" or "S4B domain" for specific results.
WHICH INFORMATION IS CHECKED BY THE SRV SHERIFF? When asking for MRA service, this SRV record is checked:
When asking for B2B services, these SRV records are checked:
When asking for XMPP service, this SRV record is checked:
When asking for S4B service, this SRV record is checked: